- Number of Sessions Required: N/A
- Length of Each Session: N/A
- Spacing Between Each Sessions: N/A
Why is Botox injection performed?
Your doctor may recommend Botox injections if you are middle-aged, younger than 65, and want a more youthful look of the face and possibly the neck. You should be physically healthy and have realistic expectations of temporary improvement, not perfection.
A Botox injection can improve the appearance of the following signs of aging for three to four months:
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- Neck wrinkles and bands
Who performs a Botox injection?
Many types of doctors and other professionals perform Botox injections. It’s important to find the right professional to give you a Botox injection. Choose a professional who is licensed and specializes in facial aesthetics (cosmetics) and has experience in injecting Botox, such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
A dermatologist specializes in the medical and surgical care of the skin, hair, and nails. A plastic surgeon specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
How is a Botox injection given?
Your Botox injection will be performed in a clinic setting. The procedure includes the following steps:
- Your doctor will determine if you are a candidate for Botox injections. This includes performing an examination, taking a medical history, and asking about your goals and expectations for Botox injections.
- Your doctor will develop a personalized treatment plan and discuss it with you.
- Your doctor may numb your skin in the injection area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream.
- Your doctor will use a tiny needle to inject Botox into the muscles that cause lines and wrinkles. Each injection takes a few seconds.